Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Oasis in Seattle

So last night I was able to check something off of my bucketlist. To most of you this is going to seem lame......but Britt and I drove up to Seattle to see my favorite band Oasis. I keep hearing, "They are still around? What songs do they sing?" You should get on itunes and find out. They are great. In the picture is Liam and Noel Gallagher. Liam is the lead singer....and is one of the great front men of all time. He doesn't dance, move.....anything. He just stares into the crowd like he wants to fight someone the whole show. Brittanie was blown away by it.....it's actually quite hilarious. Noel is the mastermind and main song writer for Oasis. He is probably best known for singing, "Don't look back in anger," from their album, "What's the story morning glory?" Anyway, it was a great show. Although, crowds in the Northwest lack enthusiasm. We saw Foo Fighters in Portland a few weeks ago and the crowd was weak at that show as well. Britt and I left for the show at 3pm.....and returned home at about 3am. It was well worth it. I have had tickets for Oasis two other times. The first time was in Vegas.....but we got pregnant with Katie so we had to sell them. The 2nd time I had tickets for their show in '05 in Seattle....but we were living in Medford and I didn't have time off to go. Those tickets went to waste. They are really a great band.....and probably still the biggest thing going in the UK. Anyway, thanks to my wife for letting me indulge in childish things when I get the whim to do so. And thanks to our good friends The Wilbur's for taking care of our girls while we went to the show. We don't know what we would do without you.

No comments: